Privacy notice Amsterdam Legal Services B.V.
Amsterdam Legal Services is a law firm that focuses on offering legal services both advice and litigation. In the context of that service, information about you as a customer is collected and stored. Your privacy and the protection thereof is considered to be of the utmost importance. In this privacy notice you can read everything about the way in which personal data are collected, how they are stored and for what purpose the data is used. You will also find your rights with regard to this data here.
This privacy statement can be changed, for example as a result of legislative changes. It is therefore advisable to consult the statement regularly.
If you have any questions about the use of your data by Amsterdam Legal Services or about this privacy notice, please contact us. You can do this via the contactform or send an email to: email@example.com.
In this privacy statement you will find information about the processing of your personal data by Amsterdam Legal Services.
In the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Amsterdam Legal Services is the “controller” with regard to the processing of personal data as stated in this privacy statement. This means that we have certain obligations under the GDPR to protect your personal data.
Amsterdam Legal Services can be reached at the following address: Strawinskylaan 4117, 1077 ZX in Amsterdam | +31640384778 | e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for privacy issues only) and email@example.com (general questions).
Personal identifiable information (PII or personal data)
We receive your PII when providing our services, when you contact us (for example to inquire about our services) or when you visit www.amsterdamlegalservices.com.
We process the following (sensitive) personal data, only when necessary, for the purposes stated below:
- name, position, gender, date of birth, medical information, union membership (in an employment related case), ethnic background and contact details (address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- company details (Chamber of Commerce number and VAT number);
- payment details such as your IBAN number;
- information about your visit to the website (such as the pages visited) and your IP address;
- (content of) the mutual correspondence;
- information regarding the legal question or dispute that you submit to us, including any documents and additional information that may contain your PII.
Amsterdam Legal Services processes your PII for the following purposes:
- To maintain contact with you in response to questions, requests or (current) assignments;
- To check your identity;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations or to comply with a request from a court or government agency;
- To keep statistics about the use of our website, (for more information see the cookie statement
- For organizing courses and/or lectures on legal topics;
- To keep track of our administration and accounting;
- For sending marketing messages. This communication may relate to the services of Amsterdam Legal Services (including the legal checkup) or to legal topics (for example, as stated in our blog);
- For sending and paying invoices (from ourselves or from our suppliers) and to fulfill the contract that we have with you.
We process PII based on the following legal bases:
- contractual: necessary for the execution of an assignment agreement with you, if you are a natural person or sole proprietor/VOF party to the agreement, among other things by collecting information necessary for the correct handling of your legal case or necessary advice;
- legal: required to comply with legal obligations to which Amsterdam Legal Services is bound, for example tax and administrative obligations, requirements of the Dutch Bar Administration;
- legitimate interest: necessary to look after the interests of Amsterdam Legal Services. These are:
- These are:
- the importance of Amsterdam Legal Services for maintaining a lasting relationship with you as a customer, including by using a newsletter or blog;
- keeping a customer administration;
- to represent Amsterdam Legal Services in a complaint made by you.
In specific cases we will need your consent to process your personal data. Insofar as the processing of your PII is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. The withdrawal of your permission works from the moment of withdrawal. Withdrawal therefore does not affect the legitimacy of the processing for the withdrawn permission.
We can not only obtain your PII because you provide it to us or visit our website, but also through public sources, in particular the Chamber of Commerce’s trade register.
Providing your personal data to other controllers or (sub) processors
We share your personal data with other parties (“(sub) processors or controllers”) that we grant access to your personal data:
- Representatives of counterparties
- Judicial authorities or comparable institutions
- Government agencies
- Disputes committees
- Hosting of our website
- Customer registration system (CRM)
- Mail server
- Telephone services
- Delivery services
As an attorney we are bound by confidentiality and in this context we act within the limits of this professional confidentiality obligation. We have contractually agreed with our (sub) processors that they will also handle your personal data with due care, in accordance with the GDPR. We have taken internal rules and adequate technical measures to keep your data as safe as possible and to protect it in order to prevent data loss or theft.
Cookies are used for the best possible functioning of this website.
A cookie is a small file that is sent by our website and placed on hardware by your browser. The information stored in the cookie can be sent back to our website when you visit the website again. More information about cookies can be found on the website of ConsuWijzer: [http://www.consuwijzer.nl/telecom-post/internet/privacy/uitleg-cookies] and in our cookiestatement.
Data processing outside the EEA
We strive not to process and store your personal data outside the EEA. If this is necessary, then we will have a so-called safeguard with the relevant (sub) processor in place, such as the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and if necessary, with you as well.
Your rights as a data subject
You have the right to request access, correction, data portability, deletion, protection of your personal data. You can also object to the processing as we do. We will inform you as soon as possible about the follow-up to your request, according to requirements in the GDPR. We point out that we cannot always implement the right you have exercised. Whether the request is granted depends on the conditions that apply to these rights and whether, in view of the legal requirements that we as a party must meet, we can or may respond to your requests.
Amsterdam Legal Services will not store your PII longer than necessary and only for the implementation of the aforementioned purposes or for complying with any regulations that require a certain retention period. Also in the event of disputes or complaints against us, we may keep PII longer for the purpose of retaining evidence.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority if you believe that your rights have been violated by us. For this we refer you to the website: www.autoriteitpersgegevens.nl.
This privacy notice can be changed or supplemented. We publish the most recent version of this statement on the website. In the event of substantial changes, we will actively point this out, for example by sending an e-mail or a notification on our website.